Friday, February 24, 2012

Just Keep Swimming

Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.
- Dory
Just had my last swimming carnival, ever (yay). I woke up nice and early in order to make it on the 7am bus departing to Chandler Aquatic Centre from school and the day started from there. After switching to and from stands a few times, we finally found our designated stands, located on the second level (we're usually on the first level so this change was a bit exciting). Ahhh Rosie and Jess made everyone in our year twelve England tie-dye "ponchos" and blue sombrero hats with "England" painted on it! We looked a bit ridiculous, but safety in numbers right? There were 25 of us + Mrs. Morrison (our lovely house group teacher) and Mrs. Lowry (our Head of House) wearing it too!


To be honest, I've never really enjoyed swimming carnivals but I guess once you realise it's your last year, you just begin to enjoy everything so much more, like I actually had a really fun time today. Except when we tried going to talk to people in other houses and Mr. Creese kept shooing us away because we didn't belong in that house or some crap. Oh well, Emily and I still had some fun walks around the place.



I think Alice definitely gets best/cutest/awesomest costume of the carnival, I mean, just look at her, she's so cute! There were a few funky outfits but green Crayola beats them all.

And here's Alice trying to blend in with Griffith house.........

But back to swimming business, this year was the 100th year of Lifesaving at our school and same as every year we have this Lifesaving relay where a person from each grade in each house forms a relay and they have to "life-save" with the last life saving task is to help a designated teacher from the house to the finish. Also, congratulations to Lilley House who won the overall carnival! We were all pretty surprised the England actually managed to get 5th place, we've never done so well before...



Well, I guess that's all for now, I have to continue working on my English oral which is due on Monday. I still have to cut out about 300 more words, finish my powerpoint and memorise my speech, yey for me.


No comments: