Wednesday, September 26, 2012

BGS Formal


September 21st - BGS Formal 2012



The afternoon before the formal (my last day of term 3) was hectic. Seeto picked up Mike from his place then me from school and drove over to Jackson's house to pick up stuff to then drive to Sunnybank and then to Jacky's restaurant in the Valley (which took us 3 tries until we finally turned into the right street). Somewhere between that trip we dropped off people and picked up Billy who then came along for the rest when we drove to Carindale to get Melisa and Lucy's post stuff and then Seeto drove me back to the city before going to pick up Kendy's post stuff at her place then went back to Jackson's. I admit it was pretty fun haahahaha, drove from 3:30pm to around 8pm..... all the while I was trying to plan hair and makeup with Sandra and Diem (yes......... planning the day before). There was actually quite a few things that still needed to be sorted like cabs and transport etc. But nonetheless, it was a pretty interesting way to the end the term.

On the day of the actual formal I met up with Diem in the morning to get her post stuff then bussed to the city, walked up to BGS, gave Seeto (Angus and Verrall also came with him, they still had school lol) all Diem and my stuff before walking back down to the city to meet with Sandra. It was really quite cold in the morning and it looked like it was going to rain so I thought I was smart wearing jeans and all but omg it got so hot while I was waking and the sun came out and I felt like I was going to melt,  especially walking up and down Roma. So Sandra and I did some last minute shopping before getting our hair and makeup done at Elizabeth Arcade. The lady did both our hair and makeup and she did a good job except my hair was too short to make my style work :(



It was so awkward walking through the city with our hair and makeup done...  In addition, it started to rain lightly and our hair started to lose hold. Sandra and I waited for around half an hour before Seeto came and picked us up after he finished his half day at school (Mr. Taxi :D) We went and got ready at his house - touched up  hair and makeup, changed into our dresses while Seeto got ready. I also saw his sister who I hadn't seen in 4 years!!!! She was my prefect back when I was in year 8!

So once we were all ready to go, we all went to pick up Diem before going to the pre held at Jackson's. All I can say is: Thank goodness for Google Maps and Navigation.



The pre was organised spectacularly, the decorations were really cute and there was a lot of food. Basically, we just took a lot of photos at the pre since everyone looked amazing. All the girls looked gorgeous in their dresses and all the guys looked (fairly) handsome, very sharp haahahaha. I'm glad all these memories could have been made :')






My bootiful Lynniecakes, I was still taller than her even though I wore flats harhar.



Honestly, I am so glad I met Jiwon. She is like my long-lost twin, it's ridiculous how alike we are (and I don't think you realise how hard it is find another asian girl as tall as me........) And she so easy to get along with and talk to!





We arrived at the Convention Centre in two stretch limos! The formal itself was fun and I saw about (if not more) than half my cohort at school lol. The dessert buffet was super exciting. Oh and I also saw two girls who wore the same dress as me, one girl had it in blue and one had the exact same as mine, double lol.



Majority of the professional photos of me are so cringe worthy :(





POSTOSTSTT

No comments: