Friday, June 28, 2013

#Melbourne

I probably still haven’t adapted to the world.
— Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood
Hello my lovelies, I am currently in Melbourne! I arrived yesterday afternoon and this probably the first time I have time to finally lie in my lazy clothes, lay on the bed and just relax.


Eating overpriced airport food and reading Sarah's blog while waiting for my flight.


Straight after I got off the airplane, I went to the CBD for lunch  with my brother then went home. Later in the afternoon, Sarah and Jason trammed their way to Port Melbourne to meet up with me since they're here for a week.




Afterwards, we went to Chadstone with high hopes of purchasing lots of clothes, however I was the only one that ended up buying clothes... We covered majority of the shopping centre which meant our feet were almost dead but we ended up walking more around the CBD where we had Grill'd and Harajuku Crepes for dinner and dessert.

La Belle macarons - Sarah tried their salted caramel flavour which tasted pretty good except the outside was a bit too crunchy for my liking.

Sarah and Jason's apartment is actually located in a great area, close to the CBD and is surrounded by so many nice cafes and restaurants. By the time we finally arrived to the apartment, we all collapsed on the chairs and enjoyed a glass of bubbly. Our plan was to sleep early but that never happened...

The next morning, we strolled over to Hardware Street to have brunch at the Hardware Societe since Urbanspoon had excellent reviews for the place. Once we arrived, we realised that it was definitely a very popular cafe since the waiting time to get a table was at least half an hour.


Instead of waiting, we opted for the cafe opposite called Silo by Joost. That cafe was also quite busy as the tables inside were packed so we sat outside. Thankfully, they supplied fleece blankets so I wouldn't freeze to death.





Fruit salad - fresh oats - yoghurt - chia seeds and a mocha 


With my dearest Sarah

Jason didn't feel like anything from the menu at Silo by Joost so we walked across the street to Giraffe Cafe afterwards. Sarah also ended up trying the creme brulee she was craving. Continuing with the touristy experience, we visited the Queen Victoria Markets. 




Jessie is taking me out tonight weeew



LOTS OF LOVE X

No comments: