Tuesday, July 2, 2013

#Melbourne | Food Coma

Right now, I feel like I'm going to go into a food coma from everything I've eaten today.
I woke up nice and early today to meet up with Ian but I still managed to arrive there more than ten minutes late, sssoooorrryyyy!!!! Anyway, the agenda for the start of the day was brunch at Manchester Press located down Rankin Lane in the outer streets of the Melbourne CBD. I actually really like the cafes in the alleyways (sounds so shifty lol) rather than the cafes at the main centre of the city. 

This COMME des GARCONS store was right next to Manchester Press and I decided to take quick snapshot of it before we left.


I was a bit surprised, but not really at how packed the place was! 


Bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato with cranberry and chilli plum relish on a wholemeal bagel. 10/10 would recommend.

Afterwards, tour guide Ian probably had as much of an idea as I did as to where we were going so we went exploring and found La Belle Miette nearby! I regret not buying a box; I'm so buying a box next time I go looool.


Strawberry and Vanilla & Salted Caramel

Spent rest of time people watching and talking, but goodness me Melbourne has sooooooo  many asians, probably every second person you see is asian.

 If you hear the conversations we have, we sound like the most humble people alive, lol jk.

Since Sarah and Jason are heading back to Brisbane tomorrow, I invited them out to have dinner nearby where I live. We chose to have dinner at the newly opened Bay One O One Caffe, Pizzeria & Cucina. Everything about the place including the food, interior, service and atmosphere was absolutely wonderful and the waiter we had was so nice and recommended us all these things. 





My Ravioloni Burro & Salvia | Spinach & ricotta ravioli, tossed with burnt sage & butter sauce. 


Sarah's Gnocchi Sorrentina | Gnocchi tossed in Napolitana sauce, hand torn buffalo mozzarella cheese, fresh basil & parmesan cheese. 

Sarah said the cutest/funniest thing while she was deciding what to order. I can't remember exactly what she said but it went along the lines of, 'I don't want to order this because it has buffalo in it...' and Jason just replied, 'It's buffalo mozzarella...' HAAHAHAHA AWWW SARAH 

Jason ordered the Lasagne Al Forno, it looked really good but unfortunately I didn't get a photo of it but I'm sure Sarah did so check out her blog! 

Even though we were so full from our mains, we still had space for dessert (of course). Originally, we decided on the White Chocolate Pizza and the Panna Cotta but we saw the table in front of us order Sweet Nutella Calzoncino so we swapped the Panna Cotta instead. 

The Nutella Calzoncino with ice cream was basically like a Calzone, with nutella filled in the middle that just oozed out when you cut it.


 White Chocolate Pizza | Sweet pizza with Belgian white chocolate & fresh strawberries served with vanilla ice cream.

It was so nice spending time with Sarah and Jason here in Melbourne! Have a safe trip and I'll see you both back in Brisbane xx

No comments: