Monday, June 23, 2014

Food Adventures: Rogue Bar + Bistro

If you don't already know or you don't follow on me Instagram,  Rogue Bar & Bistro is definitely one of my favourite places in Brisbane.

Location // 14 Austin St, Newstead QLD 4006


The first time I came here was Easter last year for a Hillsong After party. It wasn't until late last year Josh reintroduced me to this place. 

Rogue Bar + Bistro is situated off a main road in Newstead. It provides a relaxed and comfortable vibe and a choice to sit inside, outside near the bar or on sofa seats under the umbrellas during day time or fairy lights during night time. And the dining experience is a lot better when there is such lovely and friendly staff like they have here.


We hadn't been there for brunch since they released their new menu so we decided to go last weekend prior to study. As always, their staff greeted us friendly and asked where we preferred to sit. We opted for the sofas and once we flipped open the menu and Josh was immediately drawn to the Pork Belly Omelette and Mince Pot while even though I don't usually eat sweet dishes for brunch I was intrigued by their Pancakes with Salted Caramel. It was difficult for us to decide what we wanted, so we opted for all three because food makes you study better, right?


Spiced Mince Pot // Poached eggs + avocado salsa + creme fraiche + sourdough soldiers | Omelette // Pork belly + onion jam + ciabatta

Pancakes // Salted caramel + strawberries + maple syrup + vanilla ice-cream

Dan and his team present their food impeccably and the taste only adds to the amazing presentation. Sometimes I get so impressed by their presentation I just want to stare at it all day...

On a side note, I took my Ayi here on for their Mother's Day event and it was incredible. This place never fails to impress me.






I definitely recommend this place to everyone. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. Check out their Facebook to see more photos and events they hold! 


Rogue Bar + Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments: