Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Adios Melbourne

So long Melbourne, see you in another six months. 

I cannot believe how fast time flies by. I just cannot (nor do I want to grasp) the concept that the same amount of time passes no matter what I do or think. And inevitably, my holidays are drawing to a close.

I arrived back to Brisbane on Sunday night after spending a wonderful three weeks there with everyone there and who came to visit. Jiwon left a week before I did and Josh arrived on the third last day.
Emily and her friends arrived to Melbourne one day before Josh, so I decided to take them around to a few places on the Friday we were all in Melbourne. I think I may have overhyped Manchester Press a little but too much but nevertheless, it still remains as one my highly recommended breakfast/brunch place to visit in Melbourne. Just make sure you don't go at peak brunch time where your name is forty minutes waiting time down on the list. 
Brunch with Emily and Josh at Manchester Press // Soup of the Day | Smoked Salmon | Avo Fetta Smash

Emily was super keen to create her own custom Magnum after seeing my post of the one I created a week back. Luckily, the line wasn't as long this time round since we went during a weekday however, there was still a noticeable line from the cashier. From the Emporium, we walked over to Queen Victoria Market and back again to visit Hosier Lane and touristy places including Federation Square.
Magnum Pop-Up store at Emporium // Josh and Emily's custom Magnums
Market Lane Coffee at Queen Victoria Market // Our pourover in the making
Hosier Lane // Just your typical graffiti lane photo
Pressed Juices at Collins // antiox 3

Saturday was well spent sleeping in, then walking everywhere before meeting up with Simon for dinner. On this trip, Jiwon and I discovered the beauty of Top Paddock's Blueberry and Ricotta Hotcakes that I thought I just had to take Josh to try it. to be honest, he was disappointed with his burger but I had hoped the hotcakes would have made up for the half hour wait and trek to the cafe.
Top Paddock // Blueberry and Ricotta Hotcakes | Wagyu Beef Burger
B&P at South Yarra // Entirely edible display
Another day, another juice

On our last day, we originally planned to have High Tea and The Waiting Room (made reservations and everything) but both agreed that it was too heavy to eat at such a time and ended up at Manchester Press again! 
State Libaray of Victoria // Josh wanted to visit the dome Reading Room
Getting our juice fix for the day

I am glad to be back home, I've missed my friends and family here and definitely need to start earning all the money I spent while in Melbourne.

No comments: