Monday, July 28, 2014

Night Noodles and High Tea

Inevitably, my holidays draw to a close, but this holiday is definitely one to put in the books. After returning to Brisbane and a good night's sleep, I went straight back to work. But first thing's first; brunch. Hannah, Emma and I visited Campos Coffee after eliminating our potential cafe choices. Pat on the back to us, the choice did not disappoint.
 
Barramundi | Vegetarian Lasagne | Pork Belly

For the first time ever, Southbank held the highlight of Good Food Month Brisbane: The Night Noodle Market which spanned over the course of eleven days (July 17th-27th). More than two dozen Asian street-food stalls, entertainment and bars offered everyone a place to eat, drink and hang out with friends and family. Josh and I visited one night to experience the hype. Majority of the stalls we went to had a long queue and this one Thai stall especially, so we decided to line up only to find the Pad Thai and Chicken Curry we bought not to be worth the wait and money...

Harajuku Gyoza // Karaage Chicken | Pork Gyozas 

On Friday, Sarah celebrated her 19th birthday high tea style at Bacchus. Steph and I met up before hand and got ready at Passion Tree since I had work before and after high tea (I need to make up for all the money I spent in Melbourne somehow).

I remember coming to the restaurant for dinner one time and being in awe of the interior and decor to find it to be even prettier during day time. 
Sarah adored the black tea set from T2 which Steph, Cindy, Melisa and I gifted her!
Bacchus // Quintessential Tea | A selection of delicate finger sandwiches, plain or fruit scones with Bonne Maman raspberry preserve and cream chantilly, an assortment of sweet delights including chocolate eclair, tart au citron, macarons and cake du jour as well as your choice of Harney and Sons fine tea.
Pool and bar area outside the dining area

I'll post tomorrow about Steph's birthday at Wagaya! Have a great week everyone xx

No comments: