Saturday, September 13, 2014

Food Adventures: Lock 'n' Load Bistro

Location // 142 Boundary St West End, QLD 4101

My first experience of Lock 'n' Load Bistro was with Sarah for brunch some time ago now. We were greeted by a friendly staff member who led us to their relaxed, courtyard seating area outside in the sun where other fellow brunch-ers were also seated. Eager to try their menu, we opted for our choices along with sweet potato fries (I fell in love with sweet potato fries after this encounter) and frappes. 
Sarah's Full Loaded | Sweet Potato Chips with Blue Cheese Aioli | Green Eggs and Ham




Initially when you walk in, you enter the indoor bar area. As you walk further towards the back you realise the end of the bar section actually leads out into the lovely courtyard area perfect for the morning, afternoon and Summer nights (I think it would be quite chilly during Winter). For those who are after a more cosy yet chill setting, the indoor seating area is perfect, however for all you Foodgrammers, I would recommend sitting outside during daytime if possible since the natural lighting is wonderful. 

After my long-time craving of sweet potato fries, Josh and I went to try out Lock 'n' Load's dinner menu! Everything on their menu seemed so enticing it was so hard to decide what I wanted to order. 

Red wine | Trapiche Malbec (Mendoza, Argentina)

In the end I opted for the Confit pork belly, smoked celeriac purée, green beans, caramelized ale cider jus and Josh ordered thHunter Valley 80 day grain fed eye fillet with mushroom purée, potato gratin and horseradish butter. For the entree, we went with the waiter's recommendation of Scallops in the half shell, crisp pork belly, sweet corn purée and although it was quite what we were expecting, all the different flavours and elements complimented each other and only made us more eager for our mains. 

I've been having a pork belly phase as of late and LNL did not disappoint. Josh's eye fillet not only looked generous, but also tasted hearty and flavoursome and we were definitely full by the end.

Scallops in the half shell, crisp pork belly, sweet corn purée
Confit pork belly, smoked celeriac purée, green beans, caramelized ale cider jus
Hunter Valley 80 day grain fed eye fillet with mushroom purée, potato gratin and horseradish butter.

I'm getting so hungry just writing this post! This place is great for a night out, dates, catch ups, drinks, everything really!

Lock 'n' Load on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Drew Watts said...

The food looks very yummy! I think you had a great experience at this restaurant. Anyway, I am also thinking to try out the food at some new San Francisco restaurants. I know it’s very risky but I’ll get some online reviews before visiting there.