Saturday, October 4, 2014

So, Much, Food.

 
Dinner with the family at Nagomi - [ Eagle Street Pier, CBD ]


Blackboard Specialty Coffee w/ Dung - [ Varsity Lakes, Gold Coast ] // Shouk Cafe w/Jiwon - [ Paddington, Brisbane ] // Snickers Delight Bowl at Kiss the Berry - [Brisbane CBD ] 

Rogue Bar + Bistro w/Jiwon, Rina and Aaron - [ Newstead, Brisbane ]

A big temporary welcome back to my twin, Jiwon! Even though you're not here for very long, it still is very lovely to catch up with you in person. I know you had a few food adventures you wanted to go on and I hope you were able to cross a few places off your list this time round. 

I drove down to the Gold Coast the other day to run a few errands and was also able to grab some brunch with the very busy Dung! Even though she lives ten minutes away from Blackboard Specialty Coffee down in Varsity Lakes. To be honest, I'm not a doughnut fan and after being disappointed from my first cronut experience, I decided to give cronuts another chance. Since Blackboard is rated No. 1 in Gold Coast for their doughnuts, Dung and I decided to share this decadent dark chocolate peanut butter cronut, and boy oh boy did my views about these little beauties change. The texture was like a croissant and each layer was so soft, fresh and light I couldn't help myself but finish my half. Before we left, we had been eyeing these salted caramel syringe doughnuts on the counter and we just had to try it. You inject the salted caramel into the doughnut and it just oozes out. The doughtnut itself was so ridiculously fluffy and sweet. The first bite or so tasted incredibly heavenly but after a few bites it was a bit sickening. BUT THEM FIRST FEW BITES. 

These are probably the only doughnuts I will ever rave about.



Okay, adios amigos!

No comments: