Thursday, November 6, 2014

Food Adventures: Botanica

Location // Shop 9, 1 Enoggera Terrace Red Hill, QLD 4059

Driving before going to study at university never felt so motivating when you know you're going to some wholesome salad for lunch from Botanica located in Red Hill that will fill you up until dinner. I've been following their Instagram account for a while now and decided to check out their amazingly looking raw salads, cakes and not to mention their newly released breakfast selection, perfect for people looking for some clean eats. It's healthy take-away food that you know is prepared daily, full of goodness and raw produce that will make you feel amazing. 


There was a fairly long line when I arrived, so I had to start queuing outside since the store itself wasn't very spacious. There aren't any tables or seats available so customers just take it away to wherever they are going. All of their freshly made salads and pastries were presented delicately in the displays which just draws you in that much more.

I wish I was able to take a photo of the salad cabinet (I'll add a photo after my next visit) as the assorted colours of the raw salads all looked incredibly enticing. There weren't any labels on the salads so I kind of just had to point and ask what salads contained. The choice was so hard to make and despite the time I had while waiting in line to decide, I ended up just choosing under pressure. From what I can remember after looking at their online menu (their salads change on a daily basis) I ended up choosing: 

Freekah with roasted eggplant, prunes, mint, almonds and turmeric cashew cream 
Baby pea and potato salad, fresh dill and green tahini dressing 
Shaved raw broccoli, dehydrated cranberries and almonds and raw garlic and cashew cream




Originally, I was planning to get breakfast, however I didn't make the 6am-9am cut-off so I'm planning to go in the near future. It may or may not include me purchasing some of their delicious looking baked goods too eheh. 

Rating 
Food: ✮✮✮✮☆ 
Price: ✮✮✮☆☆ 
Service: ✮☆ 
Overall: ✮✮✮


Botanica on Urbanspoon

No comments: