Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Food Adventures: Moray Cafe

Location // 158 Moray St New Farm, QLD 4005

A year later, Josh and I surprised my younger sisters to a fun-filled day trip at Seaworld. It's crazy to think that this time last year was the last time Josh and I spent almost a whole day babysitting them together. When I scrolled past a few photos from last year, I was surprised myself to realise how much Lulu and Sophie had grown over this past year. 

Prior to Seaworld and picking the kids up, Josh and I had a wonderful breakfast at The Moray Cafe (courtesy of Gourmand and Gourmet breakfast vouchers). Moray Cafe is situated along a small aisle of stores located off the busy Brunswick Street and is surrounded by residential houses. We were kindly greeted by the waitress flashing a bright smile. After deciding to sit at the corner table neighbouring the large, sturdy fig (?) tree, the waitress took our drink orders.

For drinks, I ordered the Banana & Chai smoothie while Josh ordered Peppermint Tea. My Banana & Chai smoothie tasted sweet and creamy, however a bit too sweet in my opinion. After finally deciding on our drinks, I was overwhelmed by Moray Cafe's extensive menu ranging from breakfast to lunch, with a wine list attached at the end. 


I was incredibly intrigued by a few of their menu items such as Fried Chicken & Sweet Waffles with Maple Syrup and Vanilla Iceream. What a bizarre and funky sounding meal haaha. In the end, I opted for the Crispy Fried Zucchini & Halloumi Fritters with Avocado on the side while Josh had his eyes on the Eggs Benedict with Bacon + side of mushrooms.

Crispy Fried Zucchini & Halloumi Fritters w/ Harissa Poached Egg & Fresh Rocket + side of Avocado 

Eggs Benedict with Bacon, Poached Eggs, Sautéed Spinach, Homemade Truffle Hollandaise & Turkish Toast + side of Sautéed Mushrooms  

The Moray Cafe also shows off their freshly baked goods at the counter. Their caramel slice looked ridiculously enticing but I managed to resist -- I wanted to try everything in the cabinet. Upon leaving, Josh the fatty ordered a take-away Peanut Butter and Chocolate Milkshake. It tasted so rich and peanut-buttery, like a happy party in your mouth however after a couple of sips, it was too heavy for him. 



Rating
Food: ✮✮✮✮☆ 
Price: ✮✮✮☆☆ 
Service: ✮✮✮✮1/2 
Overall: ✮✮✮✮☆

Moray Cafe on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

stevenjared0853 said...

Thanks dear for these reviews!! I am also going to visit one of the most popular food venues NYC with my old school friends. Actually I will be hosting a small meet up dinner party. I am really very excited to meet my friends after a long time!