Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Part 1 // Korea

안녕! A big and overdue hello and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all from Korea well more specifically, I'm currently in my hotel room located in Gangnam, Seoul. This past week has been incredible to say the least, I got to experience the peaceful and relaxing side of South Korea and now I'm in a busy city filled with people everywhere. 

I'll back-track to the start, we (Josh and his family) left Brisbane last Monday morning (29th December) and were greeted at Incheon Airport by Jiwon! We caught the shuttle bus from Incheon Airport straight to the snow at High 1, Jeongsun-Kun. 


Our destination looked like something out of a Korean drama, especially after it snowed on the first morning we were there. 

I've never snowboarded or skied in my entire life and was originally planning on skiing except peer pressure got the best of me and I decided to go with snowboarding on the first day at the snow. If it weren't for my butt-pads and knee-pads, I probably would not have been able to sit down for the rest of the week. I got incredibly frustrated with myself during the time I was learning on how to snowboard since I kept falling and ended up injuring my neck. The day after, I swapped snowboarding for skiing and I love it (thanks to Josh's dad for being my instructor hehe). 

 

Our days at the snow were simple and incredibly fun. We would wake up, eat breakfast, get all our gear on, head to the shuttle bus which would take us up to the resort (we stayed bout 5-10 minutes away from the resort), snowboard/ski until around 5, go back to the hotel, get changed and ready for dinner then go back to the hotel and chill. Josh's family friends were also there so we spent most of the time together at the snow! Our chill time activities varied from playing ping pong to going to 찜질방 (Jjimjilbang) haahahaha. It was definitely an interesting yet refreshing first experience for me. 

Jjimjilbang is like a public-bathing area (gender separated of course) with furnished hot tubs, showers, saunas and massage tables. Downstairs was a unisex area (we were dressed clothes provided by the place) where there was a hot room, warm room, cold room, resting mats where you could lie down and sleep, snack bars and a restaurant. We ate a restaurant for dinner and spent some time in each of the different rooms before heading back to our designated bathing areas to exfoliate all the dead skin off out bodies.

Staying at the snow was such a lovely and relaxing escape from the busy city life and I really enjoyed every moment (except the initial part where I was learning how to snowboard oml). Being able to spend it with such special people made it that much better. I'll end this post with a couple of photos throughout the past week and I'll blog about my Seoul days soon! 

New Year's Day // Breakfast made by Josh's mum!


The night where we ate all the meat from the KBBQ restaurant -- no joke, there were like fifteen of us HAHAAHA 

Top of high 1 Mountain // w/Jiwon and Hannah

Snack time // Topokki 

New Year's Day // w/Josh at the top of High 1 Mountain

Hope you all had a wonderful start to the New Year and may 2015 bring us all lots of precious memories to cherish forever.

I LOVE YOU ALL AND HAVE A LOVELY DAY X

No comments: